AN’S COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
The Architect’s Newspaper is committed to producing inspiring and engaging events in 2021 while also taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our community. The guidelines outlined below will be put in place for all AN events taking place in-person in 2021. All have been developed in consultation with health experts and venue officials.
These procedures are subject to change in accordance with CDC guidelines and local health department guidelines at the time of each event.
- MASK UP We strongly recommend that all attendees, and sponsors wear masks throughout the event, even if they are vaccinated. Unvaccinated event participants are still required to keep a social distance of six-feet.
- DEEPER, MORE FREQUENT CLEANING All high-traffic areas will be cleaned every 30 minutes. High touch point surfaces like door handles will be disinfected with hospital-grade 5Lv disinfectant/germicide.
- SANITATION Ample hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the event.
- CLEANER AIR Upgraded air filters have been installed with general surgery-grade filtration. Rated 13 on the MERV scale (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value), it filters control particles as small as 1.0–0.3 μm, including droplet nuclei.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING & BARRIERS The Symposium and Methods + Materials Gallery have been set with social distancing in mind. AN will encourage individuals to practice social distancing during networking break functions, protecting themselves and others around them. Roll up banner barriers will be used as partitions between sponsored tables.
- ENHANCED FOOD SAFETY MEASURES Food and beverage services will be provided in a minimal contact way (i.e. no buffets, pre-packaged food is preferred and catering staff will be masked and gloved).