The organizing committee of Facades+ is optimistic about holding Facades+ New York City, 2022, as a live, in-person event. As we prepare, our commitment is to deliver a unique and memorable event on February 25, 2022, while remaining mindful of the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation. AN will be following and strictly adhering to the State of Georgia safety protocols.
This rise in the infection rate has also brought some tighter restrictions that we are now putting in place for the February event. To ensure safety for all, we will require all attendees, sponsors, and staff to show proof of a vaccine or a negative Covid test result within the last 48 hours prior to the event. Additionally, as per the mask guidance that went into effect in Georgia on December 21st, masks will be required at all times.
If we all adhere to these safety guidelines, The Architect’s Newspaper is confident we will have a safe and healthy in-person event. Thank you in advance for your compliance – and we look forward to seeing you in February!
- NEGATIVE COVID TEST RESULTS In order to provide the safest possible event, we are requiring all attendees to show proof of a negative test result received within 48 hours prior to the event in order to claim badges and participate in the event. Need to get tested? Here’s a map with testing sites across the U.S.
- MASK UP All attendees and exhibitors/sponsors must wear masks throughout the entirety of the event regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be provided for all attendees and participants.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING The symposium seating and Methods + Materials Gallery have been arranged with social distancing in mind. Everyone should practice social distancing during networking break functions in order to protect themselves and those around them.
- DEEPER, MORE FREQUENT CLEANING All high-traffic areas will be cleaned throughout the event. High-touch areas like door handles, elevators, and bathrooms will be frequently disinfected.
- SANITATION Ample hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the event.
- ENHANCED FOOD SAFETY MEASURES Food and beverage services will be provided via minimal-contact delivery methods (i.e. no buffets, pre-packaged food is preferred, and catering staff will be masked and gloved).
Your safety is our top priority. We believe that these precautions will permit a safe, in-person environment for Facades+ New York City and the remaining AN events in 2022. We will be monitoring the evolving COVID situation closely and will update our policies as necessary.
These procedures are subject to change in accordance with CDC guidelines and local health department guidelines at the time of each event. For more information, please check the local government’s current guidance.
To learn more about our host venue, New York City Marriott Buckhead, COVID-related safety guidelines, click here.