AN’S COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
The Architect’s Newspaper is committed to producing inspiring and engaging events in 2021 while also taking measures to ensure the health and safety of our community. The guidelines outlined below will be put in place for all AN events taking place in-person in 2021. All have been developed in consultation with health experts and venue officials.
All AN event staff have been fully vaccinated and will be required to wear masks onsite during the event. Additionally, we will be following all applicable CDC guidelines at the events. The health and safety of our guests, sponsors and speakers are our top priority.*
- MASK UP Masks or face coverings will be required throughout the facility at all times for all exhibitors, staff and attendees. Masks may be removed during breakfast and coffee breaks.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS All exhibitors, staff and attendees will be required to have their temperature taken at the registration desk.
- DEEPER, MORE FREQUENT CLEANING All high-traffic areas will be cleaned regularly. High touch point surfaces (such as handrails, escalators, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.) will be disinfected with electrostatic sprayers.
- SANITATION Ample hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the event.
- CLEANER AIR Upgraded air filters have been installed in the hotel that remove bacteria, viruses and any microscopic allergens. Airflow is pressurized by constantly exhausting air out of the building, increasing indoor air quality.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING & BARRIERS The Symposium and Methods + Materials Gallery have been set with social distancing in mind. AN will encourage individuals to practice social distancing during networking break functions, protecting themselves and others around them. Larger aisles and one-way aisles will be implemented on our exhibit floor. Roll up banner barriers will be used as partitions between sponsored tables.
- SIGNAGE Floor markers will be placed throughout the venue as directional guides and to encourage safe distancing in queue lines. Increased signage will be visible to help remind all guests to maintain safe distancing and to adhere to best hygiene practices.
- ENHANCED FOOD SAFETY MEASURES Food and beverage services will be provided in a minimal contact way (i.e. no buffets, pre-packaged food is preferred and catering staff will be masked and gloved).
*These procedures are subject to change in accordance with CDC guidelines and local health department guidelines at the time of each event.